Why is Nalpamaradi Oil the single most beneficial and important product you need to have in your skincare regime?
Known benefits of Nalpamaradi Oil
- Used as a medicine to treat medical skin conditions like Pruritus (itching on the skin), dermatitis, eczema & herpes.
- Known to treat Pigmentation, blemishes, dark spots & uneven skin tone.
- The best available ayurvedic oil for removing tan caused by overexposure to the sun.
- Regular use of Nalpamaradi heals any wounds or lesions on the skin.
- Beneficial for all body types – Vata, Pitta & Kapha (Tridoshic).
Overall, Nalpamaradi can only bring out the best in your skin. Moreover, Nalpamaradi Oil is 100% plant-based.
What is Nalpamaradi
In Ayurveda, a THAILAM is an oil-based concoction of herbs, roots, leaves, and paste of various medicinal plants. Nalpamaradi Thailam has three major parts that come together.
- Drava Dravya – The liquid content. It is a juice of various leaves.
- Taila Dravya – Is the base oil. Mostly Sesame oil considered the king among oils with healing properties.
- Kalka Dravya – This is a paste of various powders of medicinal roots, barks and similar parts of a plant.
The word NALPAMARA refers to a mix of
- bark of Bargad (indian Banyan),
- bark of Ashwatha tree (Pipal or sacred fig),
- bark of plaksha tree &
- bark of Udumbara tree.
The above mixture makes the core component or Nalpamara.
Other ingredients are
- White sandalwood
- Khas (Vetiver or ushira)
- Kushta (Indian Costus root)
- Turmeric Juice (The marked yellow tone to the thailam comes from this)
- Sesame Oil is used as a base.
The ingredients are mixed and simmered on medium heat from burning wood till the oil becomes a thick concoction. It is then cooled down and seasoned.
How to Use Nalpamaradi Thailam
On affected body parts – Apply few drops of Nalpamaradi thailam on the affected part of the skin and spread evenly. For most efficient results, leave it on the skin for almost an hour. Nalpamaradi oil is safe to leave on body parts overnight too.
On Face – Nalpamaradi has an almost magical effect on the face. It is best to be used as a night-time ritual. Wash your face and dry. Apply drops of nalpamaradi oil evenly on face and leave it for a minimum of 30 minutes. Wash off with a mild soap or the Ananda Dry Bath Powder.
There are no noted side effects of nalpamaradi. External application of Nalpamaradi is also safe for pregnant women.
Ranjith is an eternal soul, omnipresent, omnipotent. 😉 He also identifies with mortal, worldly labels of a social entrepreneur, yoga trainer, therapist, and an ayurvedic nutritionist. Apart from being in blissful meditation, Ranjith spends his time researching ancient Indian scriptures and creating plant-based products that heal.