It is said in Ayurvedic scriptures that applying the miraculous elixir on one’s face every night would make the face “glow like gold” . This miraculous elixir the ancient sages talk about is the Kumkumadi Tailam.
Here are the top benefits of the Kumkumadi Tailam
- Cures blemishes, acne scars and hyperpigmentation.
- Helps relieve dark circles.
- Good for acne-prone skin.
- The saffron pollen in the oil acts as a natural sunscreen.
- Kumkumadi is also recommended as a NASYA treatment. People with hyperpigmentation can use 3 drops of the oil in the nostril every day for better results (Text – AshtangraHyidayam)
- Acts as a moisturizer for face.
- Is a natural skin lightener and evens out skin tone.
Bhaishajya Ratnavali, chapter 60 (KSHUDHRAROGA CHIKITSA), verses 115-120, refers to the Kumkumadi Oil for facial massage and it’s miraculous benefits. The scripture Ashtanga Hridayam (Uttarsansthana, chapter 32, Kshudraroga Chikitsa, verse 27-30), recommends this oil for Nasya or nasal instillation.
What does Kumkumadi contain?
- Saffron pollens (Kesar)
- Red Sandalwood (Lal Chandan) powder
- Manjishta bark (Rubia Cordifolia)
- Yashtimadhu (Licorice) roots
- Ushira(Khus) roots
- Kamala Keshara (Indian sacred Lotus)
- Padmaka (Wild Himalayan Cherry)
- Kaliyaka (Indian Barberry)
- Ficus (Indian banyan leaves)
- Nymphaea Stellata (Neel kamal or blue lotus)
- Agnimantha (leaves)
- Gokshura powder
- Bael leaves
- Sesame oil base.
The preparation of oil goes through various stages. Boiling, infusion, distillation and cooling down. The final infusion is kumkumadi oil.
How to apply
- Wash your face and dry.
- Take 3-4 drops of Kumkumadi oil & apply it evenly over the face or the affected parts.
- Perform a gentle massage with fingertip.
- Leave it overnight.
- Wash your face first thing in the morning.
With Nalpamaradi Oil
The use of Kumkumadi Oil paired with Nalpamaradi Tailam increases the effectiveness of the results. Here is a detailed blog about Nalpamaradi Tailam.
- Use the Nalpamaradi oil on the face for half an hour and wash it off with a paste of dry herbal powders mixed with curd/water.
- Apply Kumkumadi as mentioned below and leave it overnight.
Kumkumadi Oil heals the skin in a slow and steady manner. The Ananda Kumkumadi Oil is organic, has zero chemical or toxins in it. This is the best alternative to chemical cosmetics and meets the unique needs of your face.
Ranjith is an eternal soul, omnipresent, omnipotent. He also identifies with mortal, worldly labels of a social entrepreneur, yoga trainer, therapist, and an ayurvedic nutritionist. Apart from being in blissful meditation, Ranjith spends his time researching ancient Indian scriptures and creating plant-based products that heal.